From Little Things... Big Things Grow

From Little Things... Big Things Grow

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Forever Four

I don't know if you're five today
Or if you're forever four
I don't know if your hair gets long
Or if you've grown a little more

I don't know if you're starting school
I don't know where you'll play
I don't know if there'll be birthday cake
If you're five not four today...

Will angels sing Happy Birthday?
Will there be streamers everywhere?
Will you watch us send you your balloons
As they travel through the air?




Are you partying with Ethan?
Will you give Alana a kiss?
And Ariana and all the bubs
Their parents have to miss.

I hope you're running free today
I hope you're dancing up above
I hope someone's looking after you
And each day you feel our love

But if you're four not five today
I'll be glad you don't change at all
Then I'll know your face forever stays
As that painting on our wall

Happy Birthday to my Nico star
With my heart forever raw
I miss you every single day
Mister Five / Forever Four


1 comment:

  1. Oh just beautiful Karin. Happy birthday Nico, thank you for bringing sunshine into the world.
    I hope you're doing ok Karin - May today be a happy one xxx

    ReplyDelete